Visit Daisy Yellow Art Blog
Index Card a Day, Art Journaling and More
ICAD2 #27 Fortune Cookie Fortune
Materials used: corkboard printed scrapbook paper, PostIt brand memo paper, a butterfly cut out from an old O Magazine, and a fortune cookie fortune from my wallet.
"Allow your confidence to carry you through each day."
The memo board list:
"ICAD2 Week 4 Prompts"
1. Quote/check! See my ICAD2 #21 Antarctica sun with quote
2. Snowman/check! See my ICAD2 #22 Snowman earring
3. Disco ball/check! See my ICAD2 #23 Disco ball shoe
4. Moment in words/check! See my ICAD2 #24 Awake collage
5. Fabric/check! See my ICAD2 #25 Brocade photo with definition
6. Recipe/check! See my ICAD2 #29 Recipe for Avocado Milk Sherbet
7. Mondrian art/check! See my ICAD2 #30 Mondrian Inspired Owl
8. Sketch bike/no go! Sketching isn't my thing.
ICAD2 #28 Andy Griffith Tribute
Andy Griffith tribute index card.
ICAD2 #29 Recipe
Avocado Milk Sherbet recipe and avocado collage.
ICAD2 #30 Mondrian Art
After researching the Mondrian style of art I picked up a random paper shape I had on my art table.
The paper shape was a simple owl.
I traced the owl in the lower center of the index card then I used a ruler to create angular shapes inside and outside the owl outline.
I completed the Mondrian art prompt by coloring the shapes with the traditional Mondrian black, yellow, red, white, and medium blue.
See my work for ICAD2 at flickr.